Monday, April 11, 2016

Dilafruz Istamova writes



Ship of dreams!

Ship of dreams, take me!
I want to distance myself from destiny,
I’m asking you from the breeze of years,
I want to be in the bottom of you forever!
Ship of dreams, take me!

Take me, I want to sink in the blue latitude
I wish that our mistakes never overtake us,
So far away, me and you alone,
Let’s see us on the cloud  together,
Take me, I want to sink in the blue latitude,

There is no suspicion in my soul, and no unfulfilled wish of you,
Unfulfilled wishes are strangers to you,
Because dreaming of you is no cure in the soul,
I imagine you a hundred times a second,
There is no suspicion in my soul, and no unfulfilled wish of you!

The sun is the leader to us in the day,
At night, the stars and the moon light our ways,
Soul mates in the blue sky,
And blue seas give us help,
The sun and stars are leaders to us!

Ship of dreams, take me,
Take me, I want to live in you forever,
And forget the past and everyone and everything,
In the other world, me, you and creative work!
Ship of dreams, take me!


 

Ship of Dreams -- Dean Morrissey

1 comment:

  1. The title "Ship of Dreams" was used by at least two popular rock bands and share some of the themes of this poem, though all three are quite distinct from one another. The first is by Nazareth:

    Here we are
    We sail on a ship made of dreams

    And I
    I only exist to believe
    The stars
    The stars that I see watching me

    Hold me close
    Your arms and your love comfort me
    The sea
    Is deep and it waits endlessly
    Oh why
    To give just to take it from me

    Here we are
    We sail on a ship made of dreams
    And I
    I watch for a sign constantly
    The sea
    Is deep and it waits ceaselessly.

    -- Manny Charlton

    The other is by Dire Straits:

    Sleep she now enfolds me
    spirals the circus tent
    These spirits who enclose me
    like phantom dogs ascend
    Some they need a song of love
    when old friends feel like ghosts
    For some the sweet redemption song's
    the thing they crave the most
    on the ship of dreams

    But tonight we ride the Ship of Dreams
    where the Saints and Holy Host
    Ride shotgun o'er crescent waves
    to sail from coast to coast
    Some travel to their treasure
    some falter at the gate
    Each pilgrim makes their journey
    each must meet their fate
    on The Ship of Dreams

    Some say "love will find us"
    as I lay you down to sleep
    to the rhythms that entwine us
    You pray your soul to keep

    But tonight we ride the Ship of Dreams
    where Saints and Holy Host
    Ride shotgun o'er crescent waves
    to sail from coast to coast
    Some travel for the sacraments
    some travel for the thrill
    Each must kill that thing they love
    each must test their will
    In the Ship of Dreams

    The Ship of Dreams is sailing
    to seek the farthest shore
    And the songs of celebration
    reveal a secret world
    Shimmering through the smoke and haze
    like a spooked out man-o-war
    It's the Ship of Dreams... All Aboard!

    If you're blown apart and shattered
    If you're ripped from stern to bow
    If you're looking for assistance
    If you really need it now
    The Ship of Dreams is sailing
    way to the farthest shore
    She's sailing on the coming tide
    and I must be aboard
    That Ship of Dreams

    Yeah the Ship of Dreams is sailing
    and I must climb aboard
    Join me in The Ship of Dreams
    we'll reach the farthest shore
    It's the Ship of dreams... all aboard

    --David Knopfler

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?