Monday, April 11, 2016

Sherzod Khalilov writes


I LEFT THE POETRY

Did the world change or did I?
What was passed, that happened through me.
Yesterday, I was writing poems to the girls,
The followers of my steps.
Now I have killed myself,
I left the poetry.
Yesterday, I was speaking with the stars,
As though I was fascinated with the moon’s reflection.
Then I gave up entirely
When I had lost your meeting!
What is wrong with me, actually?
I left the poetry.
Now it is the unreachable dissatisfaction,
The golden poetry gardens.
The beautiful moments of yesterday,
Now I need to to reach you.
I depreciated my childhood like that.
I left the poetry!
What is suffering for, what is disappointment for?
What is remembering the past for?
The broken crystal never becomes total,
If a soul breaks there is no rivet.
Memories – I heckled you futiley,
I left the poetry!
I also realized a life,
But I left, goodbye, take care.
You persons who consider literature as erf,
Just keep calm slightly.
I devoted to you my disgusting poem,
I left the poetry! 

-- tr. Asror Allayarov

  
Broken Crystal -- Stan Bigda

3 comments:

  1. In mathematics, "erf" is the error function (also called the Gauss error function) that is used in probability, statistics, and partial differential equations describing diffusion. It is used in measurement theory (using probability and statistics), but typically its use in other branches of mathematics is unrelated to the characterization of measurement errors. The error function gives the probability that a measurement, under the influence of normally distributed errors with standard deviation, has a distance less than x from the mean value. This function is used in statistics to predict behavior of any sample with respect to the population mean. (This usage is similar to the Q-function, which in fact can be written in terms of the error function.) There are many erf formulations, with different uses. For instance, there is an "imaginary error function" (erfi),which, despite the name, is real when x is real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad, and such a wonderful poem! Love the motif1 Poor you! The I form is always moving - when it's moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the Consolations of Philosophy

    Thank you but
    not just at the moment

    I know you will say
    I have said that before
    I know you have been
    there all along somewhere
    in another time zone

    I studied once
    those beautiful instructions
    when I was young and
    far from here
    they seemed distant then
    they seem distant now
    from everything I remember

    I hope they stayed with you
    when the noose started to tighten
    and you could say no more
    and after wisdom
    and the days of iron
    the eyes started from your head

    I know the words
    must have been set down
    partly for yourself
    unjustly condemned after
    a good life

    I know the design
    of the world is beyond
    our comprehension
    thank you
    but grief is selfish and in
    the present when
    the stars do not seem to move
    I was not listening

    I know it is not
    sensible to expect
    fortune to grant her
    gifts forever
    I know

    --W. S. Merwin

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?